Friday, September 18, 2009

Meet Our Instructor


By now, some of you would have received some form of communication, either on this blog, or by email from our instructor, so I thought it was about time that I introduced you to him formally.

Our instructor for this course is Darren Woon.

In July of this year, you may have heard me preach a message on the "Transforming Grace of Worship" where I told the story of a dweeby teenager (sorry Darren) who encountered God in worship and was transformed.

I'm a great admirer of Darren; for some years, I had the honour of sharing the platform with him on the worship team.  We both share a passion for worship and music; moreso he than me because he actually has great musical skill!  It is one thing to be excellent at your craft, but it is another to use it in passionate pursuit of God's glory.  So, God is his greatest fan; and I rank not too far behind.

I remember the times when Darren used to write worship songs and we would hang in his makeshift studio recording them.  He would put in the click tracks, guitar and bass parts, and I would lend the vocals.  Ah, those were the days. 

When I was asked to put on a class to train guitarists, I knew of no better person than Darren.  I believe that he is an anointed and patient teacher, and above all, he will inspire you to greater heights in your craft.
So soak it in guys!  We are in for a fantastic ride!

Lester

No comments:

Post a Comment